Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9.12.2009

nyfw: rag & bone - spring 2010.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
On Monday someone asked me what shows I was looking forward to the most. Aside from doing the word vomit thing where I cough up the top 3 designers I've got my eye on like it's my social security number (Preen.Doo Ri.Tracy Reese.), I was really interested in seeing Rag & Bone's spring offering. I read a fashion week feature a couple of weeks ago that showed pictures of the designers getting ready for this week (you can check it out here), and out of everyone hustling and bustling around, Rag & Bone's simple inspiration board stood out to me the most. And although at that time I had no idea what was in the works for this runway show, by looking at these garments - the simplicity of the whole presentation - I can see how they took the inspiration from that board and put it on the runway.

Out of all the collections I've seen so far, even the ones I really liked, I think Rag & Bone has done it for me. The well tailored blazers, the military green jackets draped over baggy button ups, the loose fitting trousers, even the pale yellow nail polish is perfect. It's probably way too early to call it, but so far this is my favorite. [coutorture]

PS. Just in case you didn't notice, the gray slouchy crotch pants are thermals. As in...long johns. My only question: Is that too much for spring?

PPS. And speaking of slouchy crotch pants, do those work for anyone above a size zero and less than 5' 10"? Am I the only who thinks it'll make me look like I have junk in my front and not in my trunk? I'm SO on a mission to find out!

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget