Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8.29.2009

r.i.p. dj am.

As far as deaths go, the last couple of years have been punching everyone below the belt with the passing of many iconic and well known celebrities. After a long day out riding bikes and enjoying the weather, I came home to find out Adam Goldstein aka DJ AM had passed away this morning of a accidental drug overdose in his home. Aside from his music, DJ AM was known for dating the likes of Nicole Richie and Mandy Moore, and more recently for being involved in a near fatal plane crash with Blink 182's Travis Barker.


It's extremely sad to see anyone die, but I think this is hitting home for me because he was so young and this was so sudden. Before the deaths of AM, Michael Jackson, and Heath Ledger, I'd never thought of life as fragile. My Grandma use to tell me that death was something that will inevitably happen, but I'd always thought it happened when you were older, not this young. May sound naive, but I like to think I've got many great years ahead of me. Although this is true, the time we have on earth is never guaranteed or known to any of us. No one knows when the party is over. Life is indeed fragile. I don't mean to sound morbid or depressing, but I think it's important for all of us to enjoy everyday we breath, and live each day as if it were our last because you never know when it's the end.

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget