Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3.28.2009

is it bullet proof?

Being that my awesome sister is forking over some pesos so I can get a new Nike Wind Runner for my birthday, I made my way to the Nike Sportswear site to browse and pick which one I want. While I'm there checking prices (uh..it's a recession) and seeing which styles would compliment all my kicks, I ran into this:
Yea, I know what you're thinking. 'But D, that's just a jacket, whats the big deal?!' Welp the big deal is that while ALL of the other windbreakers featured on Nike's website range in prices from $80 - $110 this little shit of a jacket is a whooping $395. No that is not a typo...the shit is almost $400. What fuckery is this?!

While I'm sure there are those out there who look at this as cheap and affordable, I cannot sit back and keep quiet. If you didn't know IT'S A DAMN RECESSION GOING ON RIGHT NOW. Who in the hell can even afford this? Shit like this pisses me off, I hate how you have to pay so much for something so small. I love love LOVE streetwear and independent designers, but why O WHY must you all be so expensive?

My homegirl Bri said it best:
Am I just trippin? Would any of you pay this much for a jacket?

1 comment:

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget