Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10.01.2009

the thousands.


When I was 18 I was concerned about three things.

1) College
2) All the drunken fun I'd get into while attending college
3) All the friends I'd make while having my drunken fun attending college.

Well RJ Rushmore is 18 and instead of thinking about drunken fun, he's bringing together some of the biggest names in street art for his upcoming exhibit "The Thousands". The exhibit, running from November 18-22 at Village Underground in London will contain works by street art's biggest stars such as Banksy (!!!), Swoon, Herakut, and Os Gemeos. RJ has created this exhibit in an effort to show the art world why these artist need to be taken more seriously in the contemporary art world, a point I couldn't agree more with. A companion book to the exhibit entitled 'The Thousands: Painting Outside, Breaking In" will be printed by Drago.

I wish when I was 18 I had half the balls RJ has to take my passion and creating something as wonderful as The Thousands from it. It's amazing to me that street artists aren't taken more seriously, because their work is mesmerizing. I won't be able to make it to London to see the exhibit first hand, but I will be getting that book. AND YOU BETTER GET IT TOO!

For more information, check out RJ at one of my favorite blogs Vandalog and his exhibit at The Thousands.

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget