Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2.05.2009

50 designers united for barbie.

As a kid, I hated Barbie. Everyone else I knew liked the plastic doll. My friends had Barbies in every color and career capacity, these things had clothes, cars, houses; loads of crap. I was a tomboy therefore I was a little bit more interested in beating all the boys in baseball than in seeing how many different hairstyles I could try on a Malibu Barbie. Since then I've turned from my tomboy ways (not really) and embraced my inner girl.

Since this year is Barbie's 50th birthday (yes, the whole year), Mattel has planned a runway show this month during Fashion Week with 50 different designers crating life style looks inspired by the Barbie doll. Barbie's first ever runway show is said to celebrate the past, present, and future of fashion with the doll as the muse. 

I'm excited to see what these designers come up with. With names like Tracey Reese, Peter Som, Tory Burch, Rachel Roy, and Reem Acra (yay!) in the mix, I'm super pumped to see the final products from these folks. Plus Christian Louboutin will be creating a pump in the iconic Barbie Pink. 

Sidenote: I kinda wish Vivienne Westwood was designing something for the event. Call me crazy but I think a Vivienne Westwood x Barbie collabo would be awesome! 

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget