Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3.05.2012

what? | you can cite me in your next research paper if you'd like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Modern Language Association (MLA) formatting standard for citing references, was the thorn in my well defined side during my academic career. In short, it's stupid, and I hated it. Now that thorn has devised a way for all you college kiddies to cite a tweet in your next college paper.

Great. Just when I decide to get a life and grow up, MLA does something that makes writing a paper seem cool. I may begin drafting intellectual tweets JUST so someone could cite deezz_nutz.

Amazing. [via]

11 comments:

  1. I work at my college's writing center so I think this is hilarious. I'm definitely putting this on display somewhere in the writing center!

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. I never thought that this would be needed, but apparently tweets can be good sources for research papers and so require proper citing!

    Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog and brilliant post!!! You're amazing!!! Your sense of style is fantastic too!!! Absolutely brilliant...

    www.the-white-list.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I can't even imagine how I could work a tweet into a research paper without getting taken off for it haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was amazed at the fact to what extent gadgets are now involved into the studying process. They so simplify it, and even bright it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so interesting! In an era of instantaneous communication and social networking, I guess it makes sense for writers to use tweets, as they are indeed quotes. As a future educator who is hoping to teach high school English, I cannot wait to see what kind of tweets my students will incorporate into their research papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I never realized this and I'm the English major I'm supposed to keep up with the MLA rules! I think I might just have to put a tweet in my next paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I guess if they have made it official I can expect to see them as resources for college. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny! is it really official? I remember when I consulted professional dissertation writers, I had an idea to use tweets, but it seemed to be too risky. Writing research paper was such a challenging assignment, it was very hard to find information and clothe my thoughts and conclusions in suitable language and I think tweets will simplify it a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MLA sucks, but that's really funny. Your blog always gets me thinking and makes me laugh. From one college blogger to another, you're great. keep it up!

    -Zach
    http://godsowncomedy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget