Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7.05.2010

portishead| glory box.


"I'm so tired of playing; playing with this bow and arrow..."

I've been listening to a lot of Portishead lately. I'm not entirely sure why, but a couple of weeks ago after finally getting around to that good ol' through spring cleaning spree I stumbled on a box of my old CD's which included Portishead's Dummy album, all of my Radiohead albums, my first copy of The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, and some Beatles vinyls I'd been searching for. The box took me down memory lane reminding me of my 'dark and twisty' phase back in high school.

It's so funny how music can not only speak to, but also alter your entire mood. This song speaks to what I'm going through right now with friends, family, coworkers, boys, girls, dogs and cats. I'm learning very quickly that people tend to look out strictly for themselves and the people closest to them. Not that there's anything remotely wrong with that; I'm guilty of doing it as well. Although I may be fiercely loyal to those I hold closest to my heart, what's wrong with showing everyone a bit of compassion or if we're being completely honest, a little empathy.

Dark and totally twisty.

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget