Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10.07.2009

the covet shop.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When I interned in San Francisco I lived two doors away from a Goodwill. Some of you may turn your nose up at this, but this Goodwill was beyond amazing. My first day walking through I bought a Oscar de la Renta pencil skirt, and a YSL bag all for $150. I don't even think I can BREATHE around a YSL bag for $150! As you can see, I'm a big fan of thrifting. Although I'm not as good at it as some of my friends (it's really a gift), I've come to appreciate the art of it all bit more. You can really find some amazing things in consignment shops if you have the time to search. I'm not a person whose patience is in tip top form, therefore my thrift shop hunts only occur once a season. For those of you like me who just don't feel like looking for treasure, there's still hope!

The Covet Shop is a high end consignment shop which launched about three months ago, specializing in rare vintage finds from big name designers like Gucci, Chanel, Yves St Laurent, and so on. Started by a fashion industry vet and her graphic designer of a husband, the website was created not only to make it a bit easier on those of us too lazy to search vintage shops, but also for consigners who want to make a little room in their designer filled closet by recycling their treasures essentially giving them a second life.

So the next time you don't feel like looking through a pot of crap for that one piece of gold, check out the Covet Shop. Oh, and make sure you get something for me as well. Just saying...

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget