Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2.28.2009

the black list.

Today is the last day of Black History Month, but as Kanye West once stated 'I make Black history everyday. I don't need a month'. The Black List, an HBO documentary directed by Timothy Greenfield - Sanders with interviews by Elvis Mitchell, profiles prominent African Americans of various disciplines and backgrounds who share their stories, perspectives, and struggles of what it is to be Black in America.

I first heard about this project via an email message sent to me by my Dad back in August when the Volume 1 installment first aired on HBO. But being that I'm SUPER LATE on everything, today is the first day I've gotten a chance to sit, watch, and absorb all this knowledge. Its incredibly inpspiring to watch Black faces of various backgrounds, age groups, and even ethnicity mixes, come together via one sounding board to talk about what it means to be who they are as a people.

If you haven't seen this documentary, you should. Whatever ethnicity, race, or age group, you should watch this film. I hope it inspires you as much as it's inspired me.

Watch clips via YouTube here.

0 people talkin shiz:

Post a Comment

opinions are like assholes. leave it.

wibiya widget